YOUR ROOF TAKES CARE OF YOU – RETURN THE FAVOR WITH A YEARLY ROOF INSPECTION THAT WILL STOP MOISTURE DAMAGE AND HEAD OFF EXPENSIVE REPAIRS
While we may just be getting used to fall weather, we all know what is just around the corner – WINTER! Your home’s roof inspection is the most important preventative maintenance jobs that needs to take place before the first snowflakes fly. We recommend you look up and walk around your home, noting any potential problems.
OUTSIDE SIGNS OF TROUBLE:
– Cracked caulk or rust spots on flashing
– Shingles that are bucking, curling, or blistering
– Missing or broken shingles
– Cracked and worn rubber boots around vent pipes
– Missing Ventilation system — good ventilation guarantees your roof will last longer and prevents ice dams
– Missing or damaged chimney cap — okay, it’s technically not part of your roof, but since you’re looking anyway it is worth checking
– Masses of moss and lichen, which could signal the roof is decaying underneath
– Staining, which can signal accumulation of dirt, defective shingles, mold, mildew, and algae
INTERIOR SIGNS OF TROUBLE:
– Dark areas on ceilings
– Peeling paint on the underside of roof overhangs
– Damp spots alongside fireplaces
– Water stains on pipes venting the water heater and furnace
If your roof is 15 years old or more, it may already be due for replacement. We offer a wide variety of asphalt shingle options, including designer shingles that add a “pop” to your home’s curb appeal and increase your home’s resale value.
Noticing any loose, damaged, missing shingles, or other signs of trouble should be addressed and replaced immediately. Give us a call to schedule your free professional roof inspection today! Same day appointments are often able to be scheduled to inspect the full scope of damage that can be deeper than the naked eye can see. Our skilled and trained estimators will disclose all findings with you. If we are unable to schedule a same day appointment, we work around your schedule to fit the inspection around your lifestyle.
Avalon is a four-time GAF President’s Club Award winner, WOOD TV 8’s Roofing Expert, a Mastic Preferred Contractor, ThreeBestRated.com Roofing Contractor for Grand Rapids, and a member of the Home Builders Association of Greater Grand Rapids. Avalon Building Concepts also gets recognized for customer service as an Elite Service Professional on Home Advisor, the Best of Houzz 2017, boasts an A rating with the Better Business Bureau, and A rating with Angie’s List to go along with Super Service Awards in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
With more than 30 years of experience, fair pricing, job – site professionalism, and on-time appointments, Avalon continues to satisfy homeowners in the Grand Rapids and surrounding areas. Avalon provides homeowners with high-quality services using top-notch materials to create dependable home improvements and live up to its motto “Trusted, Together, Today.”
Siding, roofing, insulation and window replacement are just a few of the ways that Avalon Building Concepts adds value, beauty and comfort to customers homes. Call 616-871-2507 or click here to schedule a free in-home estimate for your next home improvement.